Why Be a Millionaire?

Why do I want to be a millionaire?

Well first just facing the facts, according to Morningstar (Chicago-based investment research firm) I will need $1.18 million to support a 30 year retirement with an inflation rate of 2.5%. According to  gobankingrates, I will need at least $2.5 million to retire. So... a million needs to be the norm if I am to live beyond the age of 60.

And that's just to keep living life as is. But I have plans for so much more than that! It all started in 2012-2014, when I lived in the country of Bolivia serving as a missionary for my church. I spent all day every day among people who have nothing- as far as material goods go.

Every day while I was there, we would pay a family to feed us lunch. At one point near the end of my mission, we were eating with a family where the dad worked in construction and the mom made and sold rolls. They were barely getting by on this while feeding their 3 kids. One day during lunch, the mom was telling us about a free workshop she went to put on by a group of people from the United States. The workshop was for women, teaching about business. I asked her what she learned. She said she learned that she could get ahead of living day to day by doing one of two things: Either slightly increasing the price she was selling her rolls for, or make the rolls smaller and charge the same. These concepts were life changing for her. She had never ever considered things like this, and she thought about it long and hard.

A few weeks after this conversation I went back home to the United States. But I was not the same person. One of the things I kept thinking about was this Mom I met and the experience she had with that class. I remembered taking a financial class in high school and thinking it was so boring and dumb. It seemed like a waste of time. Yet after seeing the life of this mother in Bolivia, I realized how extremely blessed I was to have the knowledge I do.

I went back to college working on my musical theatre degree. However this idea that I had knowledge that could benefit whole countries of people ate at me. So I started coming up with plans and ideas for how I could help with these issues. I got involved with nonprofits and even had the opportunity to participate in an International Women's Conference in Dubai where I got to share my ideas on linking educating women about business as a partial solution to human trafficking.

But after a couple years of this kind of involvement, two things became clear. One was the big obvious one: not a lot happens without money. My ideas were all good on paper. But without funding, there isn't much that can happen.

The second thing became clear more slowly. After graduating college, I went to work for my dad. He was getting involved with a financial advisory firm and started making some big changes in our family. It was so amazing, that he quit his job to join the cause of this firm in educating families about finances, and helping middle America families make good decisions and find financial peace. I started seeing family after family come in to his office distressed, and leave uplifted and relieved, with plans set in place. My eyes were opened to the fact that it is not just 3rd world countries that have people stressed about money. They are in my country too! They are my friends and neighbors!

So two years ago, I decided to get involved in the mission and purpose of educating families about finances. What a fulfilling job this is! I am helping families right now who need this help. I am also now closer than ever to my goal of being able to help with financial and business education world wide.

I certainly did not foresee this path for me. I got my bachelor's degree in singing and dancing. And yet I couldn't be more excited about how I am able to help others.

Why do I want to be a millionaire? Well honestly I hope to make much more than that. Because I have a mission and purpose to help others. I've got plans now to do lots of good both in 3rd world countries as well as in my own neighborhood. Money is a huge tool for this. It's not the only thing I need. And you could say I could find funding. That I don't need to earn it myself. But for me personally, I love the idea of working to help people around me figure out finances in their own lives as my strategy to then have the funds to be able to do the same in other countries where having daily bread is the struggle.

"If you want to be a millionaire, you better find yourself a mentor who is making a whole lot more than that" - Kris Krohn (Author of Conscious Creator, The Straight Path to Real Estate Wealth, and more)

Me, Monte, and Lisa 2016
Also being a part of a financial firm has allowed me to connect with incredible people. One of them is Monte Holm. He is my multi-millionaire guide. One of the sweetest men on the planet, he knows how to accept money in his life and use it for good. He left his business to serve a 3 year church mission with his wife Lisa. During that time he did not work on his business. Yet he was still making millions. He could obviously stop working and have plenty of money for life. But he wants so badly for more people to get money working for them and not against them. So he tirelessly continues reaching out to individuals and families- teaching seminars, and classes throughout the USA and Canada. I have benefited so much from his teachings!

In an attempt to continue helping others find success in their lives, Monte has agreed to come to our Lehi office to teach a free class. I am honored to help host this event, and hope that if you have big dreams (especially the kind that need money like mine!), or would like to know how to make more for your family, or if you just want some tips about being more successful at what ever you are doing, that you would seriously consider joining us at this event.

Details are as follows:

Thursday December 14th 2017 at 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Location: 2975 West Executive Parkway Lehi Utah 84043

I hope to become a multi-millionaire so that I can help others have financial freedom and success in their lives. I want you to have that, and that is why I invite you to this event. The more I know, the more I want to share. I am a better person for my association with Monte. I am also a better person because I have this opportunity to help families with finances. And if you ever want to talk about money, I am so down!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Open Enrollment Health Insurance Ends December 15th! Why this matters.

Headed in the Right Direction: Managing Debt for Millennials